Gifted Talent Screening for Kindergarten 2020
Deer Valley Gifted Services is pleased to announce gifted talent screening for placement into our kindergarten programs for the 2020-2021 School Year!
Kindergarten Talent Screening is meant to find incoming Kindergarten students with gifted potential and place them with gifted trained teachers for the school year. The students who meet the criteria of the Kindergarten Gifted Talent Screener will be able to participate in any Deer Valley gifted program for this pivotal school year. Gifted programs offered are Bright Child Kindergarten, Gifted Cluster Kindergarten, and Gifted Talent Pool Clusters.
- We have three testing dates in the Spring of 2020
April 4th, April 18th, & May 9th
- Testing will take place at Barry Goldwater High School
- Students will be screened by DVUSD Gifted Specialists and Gifted Kindergarten Teachers
- Cost is $45 per student
- Time for screening 30 – 45 minutes
Further information and online registration https://www.dvusd.org/Page/64613
PLEASE NOTE -
- The Kindergarten Gifted Talent Screener does not guarantee enrollment at a Deer Valley school. Students must still enroll, including open enrollment if necessary, at a Deer Valley School to be considered for placement.
- Students must be age five by August 31st 2020 to be eligible for enrollment into Kindergarten
- Because this is a screener, students will need to be assessed for formal gifted identification in the spring of their Kindergarten year to move into gifted services in first grade
- The Kindergarten Gifted Talent Screener is not an academic screener and students may be required to, and are encouraged to, participate in any school’s academic screening. This will help the classroom teacher better prepare for your child
- Programs may fill up. If that occurs your child will be placed on a waitlist
If your child is currently attending one of our schools, and also qualifies for free and reduced lunch, you may be able to receive a discounted testing fee. Please email your child’s name and school I.D. number to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire. Please call 623.445.3291 if you have any questions.