Dear Blackhawk Families,
Make reading a family affair! Here are some great tips for adopting family reading habits.
1. Turn off all electronics AT LEAST 15 minutes before bedtime.
2. Read TO your child, or read WITH your child (take turns reading a paragraph or a page, then switch).
3. If you have too much to do yourself some days, have a sibling, relative, or friend read to your child.
4. If your child can read themselves, have them read to a stuffed animal or family pet.
5. BE AN EXAMPLE. Let them see you reading as much as possible; i.e. books, magazines, newspapers. Reading is reading, and any format will do!