Take a tour of the Barry Goldwater Media Center
Student email accounts
Students can access their DVUSD Google Accounts by going to Google and logging in with their district email (Gmail) and student ID.
1. Go to Google (https://myaccount.google.com) or use the shortcut on the DVUSD Start Page (http://start.dvusd.org)
2. Click Sign In
3. Students will enter their DVUSD Email (Gmail)
(first letter of first name, first letter of middle name, first 3 letters of last name, last 3 numbers of student ID number, @learner.dvusd.org)
SAMPLE: Ivan Mark Smarte ID Number 123456
Email would be: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Students will enter their student ID as their password
Account Storage (Drive)
Students are encouraged to use their Google Drive storage in place of the district server storage. Students have unlimited storage space in their Google drive.
1. Students can click on the Apps Icon (looks like a grid or waffle) in the upper right corner.
2. Click on the Drive icon (looks like a triangle)
3. My Drive has the items created by the student.
4. If a student clicks on “Shared With Me” in the left menu bar, they will see items shared with them by others.
Students can create, share, and store documents with Google Docs. When a document is shared, students can work together on the same document.
Training for Google Docs: http://learn.googleapps.com/products/docs/get-started/
Students can create, share, and store spreadsheet documents with Google Sheets.
Training for Google Sheets: http://learn.googleapps.com/products/sheets/get-started/
Students can create, share, and store slide presentations (like PowerPoint) with Google Slides.
Training for Google Slides: http://learn.googleapps.com/products/slides/get-started/