Gifted Learning Extensions
Why should I provide more opportunities for learning?
- We have provided many activities this week for all learners. However, we do understand that our gifted learners sometimes have further interests or want to do more.
How much time should my child spend working on more extension activities?
- In general, we recommend about 15 minutes per activity. That said, allow your child to decide what they would like to learn and do and help them manage their time. Again, these are activities that go beyond the general learning documented above.
How does my child access some gifted extensions?
- There are a plethora of online resources available. A couple of sites that are free, easier to navigate, and provide many different topics are:
- The National Association for Gifted Children - (This site also has great resources for parents ) https://www.nagc.org/resources-educators-parents-during-covid-19
- Lit2Go - A collection of free stories & poems. It includes audio & print versions, and activities
- Mensa for Kids Games - https://www.mensaforkids.org/play/games/
(This document will be updated throughout April & May 2020)
Specialized Instruction to support your students needs begins April 13
with your child’s Gifted Specialist