Learning for the 1st quarter will take place online. Each day students will have virtual direct instruction via Zoom and then work independently on the distirct Learning Management System Canvas.
DVUSD Student Norms in a Distance Learning Environment
Academic Success: To foster academic success in a virtual learning environment, students are required to do the following:
- Attend all teacher scheduled Zoom meetings until teacher release
- Return to Zoom meetings at scheduled times
- Participate in collaborative activities and class discussions within the Zoom meeting platform and also in assigned Canvas activities
- Attend Zoom meetings in an appropriate learning space ready-to-learn with ALL essential materials: charged iPad, iPad charger, pens, pencils, etc.
- Complete assignments and tasks within the current class period
- Communicate via Canvas inbox messages or Zoom meetings to secure answers to questions when working independently or in groups outside of a Zoom meeting.
Academic Integrity: ALL learning activities are designed to show evidence of student’s academic mastery through the student’s original work. Students who submit work that violates academic integrity may lose credit on the specified assignment and may be required to do an alternate assignment. The student may also face disciplinary consequences as laid out in the DVUSD Student’s Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.
- Participation in Zoom meetings will have camera on, face in frame, and audio available. Students need to adhere to the school dress code for participation in Zoom video meetings.
- Students Zoom names must be the student’s first and last name.
- Zoom meeting links are not to be shared, posted, or used by students not enrolled in a specific class.
- When using the “Chat” and/or “Annotation” functions or contributing to classroom discussions, students will refrain from the use of profanity, slang, distracting comments/ pictures/ emojis/ venturing off topic, etc.
- Zoom meetings will be recorded. Video recordings should only be shared with students in the designated course.
Please note, all students are subject to the DVUSD Student’s Rights & Responsibilities Handbook.
Here is a link for more information on Canvas