Home Learning Resources and Schedules
When you encounter an obstacle with technology, you are not alone.
Check out the ways you can get support!
Use these resources to customize the accessibility features of a device to your needs.
DVUSD Digital Platform Overview
Accessing Canvas - for students and parents
Accessing Google - for students and parents
Accessing Zoom - for students and parents
All Digital Platforms - Support for parents & students with their use of technology tools for learning in DVUSD.
Google Form to Request Student, Parent, and Guardian Support:
Click on the Support Request tab above or go to https://url.dvusd.org/HomeTechHelp
Families who are still in need of a technology device, will need to contact their school Principal.
Families who have checked out a chromebook from DVUSD must abide by the following device agreements:
Device Agreement Information (English)
Device Agreement Information (Spanish)
Please see the following instructions for connecting a district chromebook to your home wifi:
Connecting a Chromebook to Wifi
Information about returning district chromebooks and iPads will be coming soon.
For device issues, parents/guardians can submit a help request ticket to https://url.dvusd.org/HomeTechHelp
Century Link https://news.centurylink.com/fccpledge
PLEASE NOTE: DVUSD's Information Services & Technology Department will not be able to help set up or troubleshoot Wi-Fi. Families need to contact their internet service provider for help with the wi-fi connection if needed.Public Wi-Fi Hotspots:AT&TCoxSpectrumXfinityWi-Fi Information from CenturyLink (no locator, but good information)How to find WiFi hotspots
The easiest way to find WiFi hotspot is to open up your computer or smartphone and start looking! In many public areas, you’ll find that there are a lot of open, public WiFi hotspots you can connect to, free of charge. You can also look for WiFi hotspots provided by your own ISP.Are WiFi hotspots safe?
Private WiFi hotspots, such as mobile hotspots and prepaid hotspots, are completely safe. However, the security methods used to protect your data can vary widely between public hotspots.
As a rule, it’s not recommended that you do anything on a public WiFi hotspot that could compromise your personal data, such as shopping online, using online banking apps, and other such things. For web browsing, checking email, and social media, though, public WiFi hotspots are usually very safe.
What is my student login?
- Your District login for Portal, Canvas, Chromebook is:
- USER NAME: First Initial + Middle Initial + first 3 letters of your last name + last 3 numbers of your student ID (lunch number)
- PASSWORD: Your Student ID (lunch number)
What is my Google login & email?
Students will enter their DVUSD Google Gmail (first letter of first name, first letter of middle name, first 3 letters of last name, last 3 numbers of student ID number, @learner.dvusd.org)
SAMPLE: Ivan Mark Smarte | ID Number: 123456 | Email would be: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I log into Google Classroom?
To join a Google Classroom, go to google.classroom.com. If it is your first time logging in, be sure to choose your role as Student. Click the + on the top right of the screen to Join the Class.
Enter the Class Code given to you by your teacher and click Join.
How do I access DreamBox?
To access Dreambox, go to:
- Go to https://portal.dvusd.org
- Sign in with the student’s district user name (First Initial + Middle Initial + first 3 letters of the last name + last 3 numbers of the student’s school ID or Lunch number ) and student’s password (School ID # or Lunch #).
- Find and click on the DreamBox app. You will not need to login again.
NOTE: If you are using an iPad for DreamBox and using a text password, you must go to the District Portal through Safari and log in to the District Portal (https://portal.dvusd.org). Click on DreamBox within the District Portal. It will ask if you want to use the app to open DreamBox, click Yes.
How do I log into Pearson Reading Street?
To log into Pearson Reading Street: (instruction sheet)
- Go to https://ps.dvusd.org/public/home.html to login in as a student.
- Enter the student’s district user name (First Initial + Middle Initial + first 3 letters of the last name + last 3 numbers of the student’s school ID or Lunch number ) and student’s password (School ID # or Lunch #) and click Sign In.
- Choose “Pearson Courses” on the bottom of the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
On the right hand side, choose Pearson Realize.
- The student will choose My Work or Classes (depending on the theme of the class) to access the assignments from their teacher.