Creating a Parent Account for Canvas
Canvas is the district adopted learning management system and parent accounts for Canvas enhance the potential for any parent to quickly engage in their child’s education. Parents can review upcoming or past assignments, check on grades, and receive course announcements.
- Have your student log in to their canvas account
- They will then click on the image for their profile
- Then click 'Settings'
- Scroll down to the bottom of that page and click 'Pair with Observer'
- Save the code that appears and log out of the student account
- Go back to DVUSD’s Canvas login page: https://dvusd.instructure.com
- Click “Parent of a Canvas User?...” on the login page.
- Complete the fields with your name, email, create a new password and enter the 'pairing code'
- Click “Start Participating”.