Las Brisas Stars
STARS know that for EVERYONE, EVERYDAY, ANYWHERE reading is our key to success.
Dear Las Brisas Families,
Our goal is to make reading a family affair. Help us by adopting family reading habits.
1. AT LEAST 15 minutes before bedtime, turn off all electronics.
2. Read TO your child or read WITH your child (take turns a paragraph or a page, then switch.)
3. If you have too much to do yourself some days, have a sibling or a relative or a friend read to your child.
4. If your child can read themselves, have them read to a stuffed animal, a dog, a cat, or any other pet. Don't let the pets eat the books! :)
5. BE AN EXAMPLE. Let them see you reading as much as possible. If you don't like books, read magazines or newspapers. Reading is reading, it doesn't matter what form.
Historical Children's Literature
International Children's Digital Library
Overdrive use Libby for kids and access your public library's electronic materials.
MidAmerica FREE eBooks available until June, 2021
Elementary Digital Bookshelf PreK-8
Secondary Digital Bookshelf 5-12
MackinVIA FREE eBooks and eResources available now.