Firebirds know that for EVERYONE, EVERYDAY, ANYWHERE reading is our key to success.
Dear Firebird Families,
Our goal is to make reading a family affair. Help us by adopting family reading habits.
1. AT LEAST 15 minutes before bedtime, turn off all electronics.
2. Read TO your child or read WITH your child (take turns a paragraph or a page, then switch.)
3. If you have too much to do yourself some days, have a sibling or a relative or a friend read to your child.
4. If your child can read themselves, have them read to a stuffed animal, a dog, a cat, or any other pet.
5. BE AN EXAMPLE. Let them see you reading as much as possible. If you don't like books, read magazines or newspapers. Reading is reading, it doesn't matter what form.
Gavilan Peak Library - Use school computer log in to access
Capstone Interactive - Can also be accessed from Destiny.dvusd.org
Maricopa County Library - You need a library card
Phoenix Public Library - On the right-hand side, sign-up for an eCard.
Big Timber Media - username: GavilanPeakSchool
bublup Books - K-2 readersTumble Book Library
Junior Library Guild
Shel Silverstein Website
Story Line Online
Story Time from Space
Ryan & Craig Website
We Are Teachers
Phoenix Public Library Storytimes
Barnes & Noble Storytime
Historical Children's Literature
International Children's Digital Library
Unite for Literacy
Free eBooks for Barnes & Noble
Free eBooks for Kindle
MidAmerica FREE eBooks available until June, 2020
Elementary Digital Bookshelf PreK-8
Secondary Digital Bookshelf 5-12
MackinVIA FREE eBooks and eResources available until September, 2020.