Most all of our assignments will be submitted electronically via Canvas.A few quick reminders:
MOST IMPORTANT:Technology can sometimes be wonky, so communication is key! If you have a disaster of any kind and can't submit your work, don't panic! Just email me and let me know what is going on! As long as you email me before the due date/time, you are fine! Keep me in the loop and let me know what is going on! If something happens and you can't email me, go old school leave a voice mail for me on my school phone! It will time/date stamp for you: 623-376-3143If you don't get in touch with me then you may receive a zero for your work, and we wouldn't want that!
- Because your work filters both through Canvas AND Turnitin, you can only submit work once. Be sure before you submit that you have everything you need the first time.
- Your work can only be submitted as a PDF or a word document. Do NOT submit in pages!
- If you have a problem submitting an assignment - please email me BEFORE the due date. In the email copy yourself as well as attach your work! This will be sure we both know you had your work finished on time, yet had some issues! Failure to do this could result in a zero for your assignment.
- Logging into the web version of Canvas is always the best choice. The app is not always reliable. If the app is acting wonky, then log in via the web: https://dvusd.instructure.com/
- Please do NOT submit to Canvas using Google Drive. It is not always reliable. Use Dropbox.
- If you have issues at home, wait and try to submit on campus. Sometimes that helps. For back-up, you can always be proactive and email your assignment to me. Just be sure that you do still attempt to submit on Canvas as it will eventually need to get there.
- When submitting absent/make-up work in Canvas please put in the comments that this is make-up work.
- When you are scanbotting your work please only write in pen or very heavy pencil - I need to be able to read your writing. Also, your scan should only be of your paper - this is not the same thing as taking a picture, so please only try to scan the paper - not your bed, table, legs, etc. Thanks! I want to be sure that I can easily read your work!
- Please do not send me messages through Canvas!I may not see them - so this is a very unreliable way to contact me. Please email me! I don't get an alert when I receive a message from you - so email is much better! I WILL see comments you attach to your work when I go to grade.
- Be sure that you try updating your Canvas app if you are having issues! Not sure how to update your app? Just go to the DVUSD app store, click on install next to Canvas, and that will complete an update if necessary!
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that your work is submitted - Not knowing work didn't go through can result in you not receiving points for your assignment. So always check to be sure it was in fact submitted.
Please be aware of instances that may negatively affect your assignment score:
- If you do not submit work in the approved format - PDF, .doc, or .docx
- If work is submitted late.
For major essays there may be a specific percentage deducted from your paper:ENH 111/ ENH 110 -10 percentage points off your overall percentage for each school day the work is not submitted.Remember that ALL ENH 111/110 papers are due on/before 7:30am!ENG 101/ENG 102 -20 percentage points off your overall percentage for each school day work is not submitted.Remember that ALL ENG 101/102 papers are due on/before 7:30am!