iLit is a comprehensive reading intervention program for High School students. iLit is a fully digital programs and utlizes a proven instructional model.
The iLit Instructional Model is made up of the following components:
Time to Read
- Students read independently or in small-group book clubs, choosing from the library of more than 2000+ digital texts.
- Collaborative, whole-class or small group instruction in Word Study and academic vocabulary focus on words students will entounter in context.
Read Aloud, Think Aloud
- Teacher read aloud from an on-level anchor text and use the instructional support and stopping points to model effective reading.
- Students engage in collaborative conversation related to the weekly text.
- Whole group instruction develops langauge arts skills and strategies.
- Students work independently and in small groups to apply and demonstrate what they've learned.