DVUSD Return to School "On Campus" Operational Safety Plan
- Maximum of two students per seat with siblings required to be seated together (sibling grouping could be up to 3 per seat).
- All students, bus drivers and monitors will be required to wear a face covering.
- Increased disinfection procedures will occur on a daily basis.
School Health Screenings, Social & Emotional Health Considerations
Before Leaving Home
- A parent will check their child for any symptoms that would prevent them from attending/remaining at school
- Staff member will visually assess students upon arrival for symptoms (runny nose, cough, shortness of breath or vomiting).
- Any student with visible symptoms will be taken to the health office, where parents may be contacted for pick up.
- For students on IEPs/504s, teams will meet with families to address concerns of students with unique health considerations.
- The emotional wellbeing of our students and employees continues to be a priority and will be a focus.
- Students and employees will be required to wear face coverings (e.g. face mask, cloth covering, etc.) during interactions when physical space does not allow for maintenance of 6 feet between individuals unless unable to do so for health reasons.
- Face coverings will be provided to those who need one.
- Face covering requirements will be determined in conjunction with local and/or state agencies.
Health & Hygiene Considerations, Cleaning and Disinfection
- Frequent hand washing or sanitizing will be encouraged at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Increased disinfection of high touchpoint areas.
- Health and hygiene posters for every school and District Office, to promote health and safety protocols.
- Discourage sharing of items that are difficult to clean or disinfect. The district is working on a plan to provide individual technology devices for all students early in the school year.
- Protocols will follow the recommendations from the Maricopa County Department of Public Health and Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Students will continue to receive meals through Nutrition Services or they may bring meals from home.
- Students will eat in their cafeteria, patio, or classrooms, physically distanced, depending on the weather and the school with first preference in the cafeteria.
- We will follow the CDC's "No Sharing" guidelines with all food and drinks.
- Students will report directly to classrooms when they arrive at school when possible.
- Students will remain together with the same groupings and the same staff throughout the day and limit mixing between groups as much as possible (Cohorting)
- Teachers will transition rooms when possible
- The model will offer some flexibility for fine arts, language, gifted and other special areas
- At elementary recess, classrooms will stay together and limit sharing of equipment.
- Organize classroom layout to allow for social distancing as much as possible.
- No field trips nor in person large gatherings (assemblies, concerts, etc.) until further notice.
- Limited visitors will be permitted on school campuses.
- Volunteer opportunities on campus will be postponed until further notice.
- Social distancing guidelines will be implemented in the front office.
Updated June 24, 2020