Grades K-3 Deer Valley Online Academy Draft Sample Schedule
- This schedule is ONLY an EXAMPLE of a typical K-3 school day for a Deer Valley Online Student.
- Additional information will be provided by the campus teacher and content time of day may vary.
- Please refer to Canvas course for specific teacher information and expectations.
- Parents complete MyHours for student instructional minutes and attendance
- Social-Emotional Learning Support provided during morning meeting.
* Synchronous small group instruction (live with teacher) will be available for parent sign up.
* All Zoom meetings are optional, but we strongly encourage student participation in the areas of reading, writing, and math.
For a printable version of this sample schedule click here - DV Online Academy K-3 Sample Schedule
For screen time during online learning, we encourage a balance of on-screen and off-screen activities to support learners in differentiated and multi-modal ways. Screen breaks are encouraged and will be scheduled regularly during the class period by the teacher. The use of live screen time through Zoom is an important part of our online school experience as it supports student relationships, social interaction, and connections to support student learning and well-being. Since instructional and student learning needs vary greatly in the learning process, times for active screen time, Zoom class meetings, and off screen learning activities will vary to best support our DVUSD learners.