Degrees and Certifications:
B.A.E. Arizona State University Elementary Ed. NES High Qualified Middle Grades Science Completing Masters in Gifted Education
Mrs. Wendy Hildebrandt Matej
Hello Stetson Hills! My name is Mrs. Wendy Hildebrandt Matej. I am super excited to be your 5th grade ELA teacher! Just a couple of facts about me:
1. I taugh for a number of years before staying home to raise my two kids.
2. I have two boys, Kennedy and Leo, and a wonderful husband, Mr. Matej!
3. I have three Cornish Rex cats, Maisy, Miles and Memphis.
4. I have, officially, as of December 2019, been in all of the 50 states. The last state I needed to visit was Hawaii and we did this over Winter Break right before COVID started.
5. My family loves to take long RV trips and visit all the cool places in America.
6. My favorite places to visit are Idaho, Montana, Wisconsin, Maine and of course, Disneyland!
7. I graduated from Arizona State University and I am working on completing my Master in gifted education from ASU as well.
8. I have played the piano since I was 6 years old.
9. My favorite movies are old, black and white pictures! Especially the holiday ones! And of course, Disney movies!
10. I love to be outside! My favorites are kayaking, fishing and gardening!
11. Before teaching 5th grade, I have taught 3rd grade, 8th grade science, 5th grade math, 5th and 6th grade science, 5th through 8th grade gifted classes and finally, kindergarten! Whew, that's a lot of different grade levels! I am so glad to be back in 5th grade as it is my favorite age to teach!
12. I am so happy to be teaching 5th grade ELA! I am very excited about all the cool things we will accomplish together this year! I hope that my passion for reading and writing encourages you to try new books and become the best writer possible!
My goal is to create a community of learners that feel respected and challenged. In my classroom, the students and I will work towards the success of all students. I look forward to working with you to bring out the best in each of the students.