Degrees and Certifications:
B.A.E. Arizona State University Elementary Ed. NES High Qualified Middle Grades Science Completing Masters in Gifted Education
Mrs. Wendy Hildebrandt Matej
Hello Stetson Hills! My name is Mrs. Wendy Hildebrandt Matej. I am super excited to be your 5th grade Science teacher! Just a couple of facts about me:
1. I taught for a number of years before staying home to raise my two kids.
2. I have two boys, Kennedy and Leo, and a wonderful husband, Mr. Matej!
3. I have three Cornish Rex cats, Maisy, Miles and Memphis.
4. I have, officially, as of December 2019, been in all of the 50 states. The last state I needed to visit was Hawaii and we did this over Winter Break right before COVID started.
5. My family loves to take long RV trips and visit all the cool places in America.
6. My favorite places to visit are Idaho, Montana, Maine and of course, Disneyland!
7. I graduated from Arizona State University. My oldest son just graduated from ASU in May and now, there are three generations of ASU grads in our family! Go Sun Devils!!
8. I have played the piano since I was 6 years old.
9. My favorite movies are old, black and white pictures! Especially the holiday ones! And of course, Disney movies!
10. I love to be outside! My favorites are kayaking, fishing and gardening!
11. My family loves to do Escape Rooms! We have done them all over the country and are, at last count, successful at completing over 50 different rooms! I love escape rooms so much that I incorporate them into my classroom whenever I have the chance!
11. Before teaching 5th grade, I have taught 3rd grade, 8th grade science, 5th grade math, 5th and 6th grade science, 5th through 8th grade gifted classes and finally, kindergarten! Whew, that's a lot of different grade levels! I am so glad to be back in 5th grade as it is my favorite age to teach!
12. I am so happy to be teaching 5th grade SCIENCE! I am very excited about all the cool things we will accomplish together this year! I have always loved science and now I get to share that passion with my students!
My goal is to create a community of learners that feel respected and challenged. In my classroom, the students and I will work towards the success of all students. I look forward to working with you to bring out the best in each of the students.