ONLINE LEARNING 101
TIPS AND STRATEGIES TO KEEP US SANE AND PRODUCTIVE
We are entering a new year, and we have a whole new set of opportunities! Here are a few suggestions to help keep the opportunities and avoid the obstacles!
- Have patience- with yourselves, your teachers, your families, and the process. We will hit some roadblocks, but there is nothing we can’t resolve or fix!
- Set up a quiet learning space, free from noise, pets, people, distractions of any kind when possible. This is important for the Zoom meetings, but also for any independent work.
- Dress for success! In other words: dress as you would for class. The effort you put into presenting yourself will set the tone for the lessons.
- Be an active participant. This means listening and taking notes, responding when asked questions, utilizing opportunities to connect with peers in small groups, etc.
- Be sure to follow all directions- take the time to re-read instructions and follow submission requirements.
- There may be multiple assignments per class each week. Use an organizer or calendar (written or digital) to help plan your week.
Above all, ask questions and communicate with your instructors before you get overwhelmed. We are here to help!