What is SEL?
Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show compassion/empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions (Casel.org).
- August: Coping with Change & Building Resilience
- September: Promoting Social Connection, Relationships, & Tolerance
- October: Managing Stress & Anxiety
- Nov/Dec: Practicing Mindfulness
- January: Showing Empathy & Compassion
- February: Managing Big Emotions
- March: Staying Motivated & Focused
- April: Problem Solving & Decision Making
- May: Focusing on Self-Care