This year in Math the main topics that we will be exploring include:
- Study rigid transformations and congruence, then dilation and similarity.
- Study proportional and linear relationships.
- Express linear relationships using equations, tables, and graphs.
- Work with linear equations in one and two variables
- Find solutions to systems of equations in two variables.
- Apply their understanding of linear relationships and functions to contexts involving data.
- Learn and use the properties of exponents, including scientific notation.
- Extend the rational number system
We will be using Open Up - Illustrative Math this year! This is nothing like what you are use to using in grade K-7.