Guidelines for Medication Administration at School
- In compliance with ARS 15-344 and ARS 32-1901 The Health Office will not provide students with Over the Counter Medications. Any medications provided must be authoprized and supplied by the parent/guardian.
- Medications must be delievered to the Health Office by an adult.
- Prescription strength medication must be accompanied by one of the following; a physician signed copy of the Doctors order or a physician signed copy of the Medical Authorization to administer medication form. (This form is located on the forms page under Medication Administration Packet)
- All presciption medication must be properly labeled in the pharmacy bottle and match the current doctors order on file.
- All Over the Counter medications must be in the original manufacturers packaging and be given as directed by manufacturer. If parent guardian would like the medication to be given outside of the manufacturers parameters a doctors order would be required.
- All forms must be completed before medication may be administered at school.
- Medications must be picked up upon discontinuation. Any medication that has not been picked up within 3 days of dicontinuation will be destroyed.
- Medications must be picked up within 1 day of the end of the school year. Any medications not picked up will be destroyed.
- It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to monitor medication supply and provide additional medication when needed.
Storage of Medications
- All medications are stored in the Health Office and secured by lock and key.
- School District Personnel will not be responsible or liable for any reactions to medicines given according to written direction.