WE ARE WILD ABOUT BOOKS!
During School Year 2023-2024, Stetson Hills' Stallions first through fourth grade will listen to and vote on ten favorite picture books from the list of the 2024 Grand Canyon Reader Award Nominees. Votes will be tallied and sent to the Grand Canyon Reader Award committee for consideration in choosing the winning picture book for 2024.
2024 Picture Book Nominees:
- I Can Help by Reem Faruzi, 2021
- I'm a Baked Potato! by Elise Primavera, 2019
- The Little Wooden Robot and the Log Princess by Tom Gauld, 2021
- Lou by Breanna Carzoo, 2022
- My School Stinks! by Becky Scharnhorst, 2021
- Rescuing Mrs. Birdley by Aaron Reynolds, 2020
- The Runaway Pea Washed Away by Kjartan Poskitt, 2020
- Someone Builds the Dream by Lisa Wheeler, 2021
- Sylvie by Jean Reidy, 2022
- Travel Guide for Monsters by Lori Degman, 2020
Books read will be tracked on a matrix chart by placing a star in the corresponding square. Stetson Hills' theme for School Year 2023-2024 is "WE ARE WILD ABOUT BOOKS!" We're expecting "unherd" of responses as our Stallions "run away" with these amazing books!
CLICK ON THE MONKEYS FOR A PREVIEW OF
NONFICTION PICTURE BOOKS NOMINATED FOR 2023.