Head Start is a Federal and State-funded preschool program. The Deer Valley Unified School District offers Head Start programs at several elementary sites within the district boundaries. There is no charge for Head Start preschool services for eligible families.
- Head Start* is now accepting interest forms for the 2023-2024 school year. This is a federally funded program providing general education services for children that are 3 or 4 years old. This is a FREE full-day preschool! Please call 602-467-6013 or email email@example.com for more information.
Who Is Eligible?
Low-income families with children 4 years of age by December 31, 2023, and who reside within the boundaries of the Deer Valley School District may be eligible. Children aged 3 are accepted if no eligible 4-year-olds are currently waiting for services. The priorities are as follows:
- Children are referred by Deer Valley Unified School District for special services.
- 10% enrollment
- Families who meet or earn less than the 2023 Federal Family Income Guidelines are as follows:
Family Size Yearly Gross Income
* For Families/households with more than 8 persons, add $5,140 for each additional person
* Additional risk factors are considered on a case-by-case basis
How do I apply for Head Start services?
You may apply for Head Start by filling out the Online Interest Form. If you need further assistance, contact the District Head Start office at 602-467-6013.
Deer Valley Head Start School Locations
Constitution Elementary School
18440 N. 15th Ave
Esperanza Elementary School
251 W Mohawk Ln
Sunrise Elementary School
17624 N. 31st Ave.
Village Meadows Elementary School
2020 W. Morningside Dr.