Head Start is a Federal and State funded preschool program. The Deer Valley Unified School District offers Head Start programs at several elementary sites within the district boundaries. There is no charge for Head Start preschool services for eligible families.
- Head Start* is now accepting applications for this 2020-2021 and 2021-2022. This is a federally funded program providing general education services for children that are 3 or 4 years old. This is a FREE full day preschool! Please call 623-445-4991 or email email@example.com for more information
Who Is Eligible?
Low income families with children who are 4 years of age by December 31, 2021 and who reside in the boundaries of the Deer Valley School District may be eligible. Children aged 3 are accepted if no eligible 4 year olds are currently waiting for services. The priorities are as follows:
- Children referred by Deer Valley Unified School District for special services
- 10% enrollment
- Families who meet or earn less than the 2021 Federal Family Income Guidelines as follows:
Family Size Yearly Gross Income
* For Families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,540 for each additional person
* Additional risk factors are considered on a case by case basis
How do I apply for Head Start services?
You may apply for Head Start by filling out the Online Interest Form. If you need further assistace, contact the District Head Start office at 623-445-4991 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deer Valley Head Start School Locations
Constitution Elementary School
18440 N. 15th Ave
Village Meadows Elementary School
2020 W. Morningside Dr.
Sunrise Elementary School
17624 N. 31st Ave.