Head Start is a Federal and State-funded preschool program. The Deer Valley Unified School District offers Head Start programs at several elementary sites within the district boundaries. There is no charge for Head Start preschool services for eligible families.
- Head Start* is now accepting interest forms for the 2022-2023 school year. This is a federally funded program providing general education services for children that are 3 or 4 years old. This is a FREE full day preschool! Please call 602-467-6013 or email email@example.com for more information.
Who Is Eligible?
Low income families with children who are 4 years of age by December 31, 2022, and who reside within the boundaries of the Deer Valley School District may be eligible. Children aged 3 are accepted if no eligible 4 year olds are currently waiting for services. The priorities are as follows:
- Children referred by Deer Valley Unified School District for special services
- 10% enrollment
- Families who meet or earn less than the 2022 Federal Family Income Guidelines as follows:
Family Size Yearly Gross Income
* For Families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,720 for each additional person
* Additional risk factors are considered on a case by case basis
How do I apply for Head Start services?
You may apply for Head Start by filling out the Online Interest Form. If you need further assistance, contact the District Head Start office at 602-467-6013 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deer Valley Head Start School Locations
Constitution Elementary School
18440 N. 15th Ave
Village Meadows Elementary School
2020 W. Morningside Dr.
Sunrise Elementary School
17624 N. 31st Ave.