Deer Valley Early Childhood Department provides inclusive preschool classrooms for children aged three to five years old (students must turn five after September 1st). Each classroom provides support and services for both age-appropriate children, and those children who have been identified as having special needs. Each classroom is staffed with a certified Early Childhood Special Education Teacher and two paraprofessionals. There are two preschool sessions daily, which last 2.5 hours and run Monday through Thursday.
The Early Childhood staff strives to provide each child with a unique educational experience, by individualizing the instruction for various learning styles and providing developmentally appropriate activities. Therapy services for those children who are eligible include speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and vision/hearing services for those students who require this service.
Every Developmental Preschool classroom focuses on the following areas:
- Pre-academic skills
- Positive social interactions
- Opportunities to develop fine and gross motor skills
- Problem-solving strategies
- Critical thinking skills
- Decision-making skills
- Exposure to learning communities within the classroom
- Increased language skills
- Fostering curiosity and love of learning
What is a child find screening?
2022-2023 Early Childhood Screening Dates
Developmental Preschool Parent Handbook
Developmental Preschool Locations for the 2023-2024 School Year
How can I schedule my child for a screening?
You can contact our office to schedule a screening using any of the following ways;
- Call our office at 602-467-6013
- Email our early childhood clerk, Carla, at Carla.Wandelt@dvusd.org
- Fill out this Child Find Screening interest form by following this link: Screening Interest Form
State and Federal Intervention Services
AZEIP- Children ages birth to 3 years of age