About the Program
Deer Valley Early Childhood Department provides inclusive preschool classrooms for children ages three-five years old (5 after September 1st). Each classroom is comprised of children who are typically developing and those who require specialized instruction.
Preschool Peers are wonderful roles models for those who demonstrate developmental delays, as children learn best from each other. Children also learn acceptance of those who function differently.
Each classroom has a certified Early Childhood Special Education teacher and two Paraprofessionals, who are highly qualified and trained to work with children in this age group. Staff strive to provide each child with a unique educational experience by individualizing instruction for various learning styles and providing developmentally appropriate activies.
- Introduces pre-academic skills
- Assists children to develop responsibility and self-control
- Encourages positive social interactions
- Provides opportunities to develop fine motor skills
- Inspires the use of decision making skills
- Presents exposure to learning communities within the classroom
- Increases language skills
- Supports creative curiosity and a love of learning
Schedule and Tuition
- 3 days a week (choose Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday) for $140 a month
- 4 days a week (Monday-Thursday) for $175 a month.
Classes are not offered on Fridays
Times vary by location
HOW DO I ENROLL MY CHILD?
For the 2020-2021 school year contact a preschool teacher at your home campus.
For the 2021-2022 school year, please fill out the online interest form.
*** A $25 application fee is required. You may mail or drop off your payment to the Early Childhood Office.***
For questions, call the Early Childhood office at (623) 445- 4991 or email email@example.com
PEER ROLE MODEL FLYER- ENGLISH
SCholarships for Title I Schools
DVUSD Title One Schools with Developmental Preschool are as followed: Arrowhead Elementary, Constitution Elementary, Esperanza Elementary, Greenbrier, Mirage, Mountain Shadows Elementary, Paseo Hills Elementary, Park Meadows Elementary, Sunrise Elementary, and Village Meadows Elementary. Two (2) Peer Scholarships will be accepted per class at a Title One School. Peer Scholarships are intended for in-district families only. Families must be below the 200% poverty guidline to be considered for a preschool peer scholarship. To request a scholarship application, email the Early Childhood Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org