2022 - 2023 Tryout Requirements and information
Thank you for your interest in trying out for cheerleading. In this packet, you will find the following tryout information.
- Cheer Tryout Practices: February 21st and February 22nd from 3:00- 4:30pm in the MPR. Tryout material will be taught during this time. It is expected that you attend both days to learn tryout material.
- Tryouts: Wednesday, February 23rd from 3:00 – 4:30 pm in the MPR.
- All tryouts will be closed to parents or spectators.
- Results will be posted on the Canyon Springs Spirit line website and room 603 and 601 by number on February 24th, 2023 at 8:00 am.
Note: ALL paperwork must be uploaded to Register My Athelete prior to tryouts.
What to Expect & Things to Know
Selection will be based on the following:
- A cheer and dance that will be taught to the participants on Feb. 21 and Feb. 22 from 3:00-4:30.
- A toe touch (required)
- An individual choice of second jump
- Tumbling is not required but highly recommended!
What do you wear to tryouts?
- Clinic and Tryout Attire: MUST FOLLOW Canyon Springs Dress Code
- Appropriate shoes and white socks—cheer/athletic shoes for cheer
- Hair fully pulled back in a ponytail (NO bangs)
- No jewelry (facial or body), long natural nails, artificial nails, distracting make-up or hair styles
What happens if I make the team?
- If you make the team there will be a mandatory Spiritline meeting on February 27th at 5pm in the Media Center.
- Practice will start on February 28th at 6:30am in the MPR.