2021-2022 Tryout Requirements and information
Thank you for your interest in trying out for cheerleading. In this packet, you will find the following tryout information.
- Cheer Tryout Practices: October 25th and October 26th, 2021 from 3:00- 4:30pm in the MPR. Tryout material will be taught during this time. It is expected that you attend both days to learn tryout material.
- Tryouts: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 from 3:00 – 4:15 pm in the MPR.
- All tryouts will be closed to parents or spectators.
- Results will be posted on the Canyon Springs Spirit line website and room 603 and 601 by number on October 28th, 2021 at 8:00 am.
The following MUST BE turned in BEFORE you can participate:
- Completed Application Form (Bushnell/Seeger)
- DVUSD Athletic Participation forms turned into Coach Pratt
Note: The deadline for turning in ALL paperwork is no later than October 24th 2021.
What to Expect & Things to Know
Selection will be based on the following:
- A cheer and dance that will be taught to the participants on Oct.25th and 26th from 3:00-4:30.
- A toe touch (required)
- An individual choice of second jump
- Tumbling is not required but highly recommended!
What do you wear to tryouts?
- Clinic and Tryout Attire: MUST FOLLOW Canyon Springs Dress Code
- Appropriate shoes and white socks—cheer/athletic shoes for cheer
- Hair fully pulled back in a ponytail (NO bangs)
- No jewelry (facial or body), long natural nails, artificial nails, distracting make-up or hair styles
What happens if I make the team?
- If you make the team there will be a mandatory Spiritline meeting via zoom on November 1st, 2021 at 5:30 pm via zoom.
- Practice will start on November 2nd, at 6:15 am in the MPR.