DVUSD Opens First Spanish Immersion School
Deer Valley Unified School District opened its thirty-ninth school — Union Park School — in August in the new Union Park neighborhood near Happy Valley Road and 19th Avenue.
To provide the most innovative learning experiences:
• Each classroom is equipped with an 86-inch interactive smart TV, LED lighting and flexible furniture
• Learning spaces throughout the campus also include: multiple shade canopies for outdoor learning opportunities
• Specialty rooms for art, science, band, music and a computer lab
• A 3,000-square-foot media center with large windows
• Safety and security throughout the 83,000-square-foot school that allows travel from one building to another within a contained area
The certified, highly-qualified staff at Union Park offer a rigorous academic curric- ulum which includes the first-in-the-district Spanish Immersion Program providing an extraordinary language and culture opportunity for students to gain advanced Spanish language proficiency.
“We are excited to offer a program that provides a strong foundation in Spanish, giving students increased opportunities as they continue their academic and professional careers.” — Tricia Graham, Union Park Principal