If your child tests positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, or if your child has come into close contact (within 6 feet for 15 or more minutes over a 24 hour period) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please do the following:
- Keep your child at home.
- If your child tests positive and lives in the same household as siblings who attend DVUSD schools, then other siblings need to stay home as well.
- Complete the student COVID-19 information form at https://url.dvusd.org/COVID19ReportingForm. The form works best when using Chrome as your internet browser.
- Email Nurse Ashley (Ashley.Felipe@DVUSD.org) and a designated campus administrator informing them of the situation. Specify in the email if the situation involves a positive test, suspected positive test, or close contact with someone who has had a positive test. Include in the email: Name of your student, ID number, date of test, date of the onset of symptoms or indicate asymptomatic, and include a copy or picture of the positive test result.
- Complete regular student absense procedures by calling Union Park's attendance line at 623-445-5890.
- For further questions, please email or call Nurse Ashley and/or you can email COVID19concerns@DVUSD.org.
- A district or campus based representative will follow up with parent regarding the received report and continue contract tracing data collection.
Maricopa County Department of Public Health has provided a helpful tool called the Home Isolation Decision Maker Tool. If you have questions about whether your child should isolate at home, this tool can help. The tool can be accessed by visiting www.maricopa.gov/covidisolationtool.