Middle School Summer School Starts June 1st, 2021
Summer school for DVUSD 7th and 8th grade students who need grade recovery to advance to the next grade level. Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts classes will be offered utilizing a Hybrid Format In-Person/Online.
June 1st – June 24th
Barry Goldwater High School Media Center (2820 W. Rose Garden Lane, Phoenix)
- All students must attend a summer school orientation with a parent/guardian at 6:00 PM. ZOOM meeting link will be emailed to parents/guardians.
- A computer and internet are required.
- For each class in which students are enrolled, they must follow their class schedule for individualized instruction, tutoring, and assessment each week. For example: a student enrolled in Math, Language Arts, and Science would need to attend 3 days per week from 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM. Lunch break 11:30-12:00.
- Students are required to have 100% attendance. Students who fail to meet this attendance requirement will be immediately dropped from summer school. A 10 minute tardy will count as an absence and will result in an immediate drop from summer school.
- Students are required to communicate any illnesses or technicals difficulties to their teacher.
- All modules must be successfully completed by June 24th, 2021 by 3:00 PM. Successful completion of each module means proficiency of grade level standards as shown through various assessments.
- Students will follow all district behavior guidelines as well as meeting teacher expectations for classroom behavior. Failure to comply will result in the student being dropped from summer school and retained at his/her current grade level.