WELCOME TO CTE AND THE RIDGE MARKETING PROGRAM!
2023-2024 Class Schedule
1st Hour Marketing & Jr/Sr Internship
2nd Hour Advanced Marketing
3rd Hour Advanced Marketing & Jr/Sr Internship
4th Hour Advanced Marketing & Jr/Sr Internship
5th Hour Lunch
6th Hour Marketing & Jr/Sr Internship
7th Hour Jr/Sr Internship & CTE Internship
Advanced Marketing Syllabus
CTE Internship Syllabus
Jr/Sr Internship Syllabus
Office hours will be posted in my classroom weekly. If a specific date and time is needed, please contact me. I am happy to work with your schedule.
What is CTE?
- Stands for Career and Technical Education
- CTE programs empower students to develop leadership, academic, and technical skills needed in the global economy for continuous learning and workforce success.
- Allows students the opportunity to learn about different career pathways BEFORE they go to college.
- Offers opportunities to develop specialized skills while in high school and apply academic knowledge in real world settings.
- Provides all students with cutting edge training in their chosen program of study, leading to diverse post-secondary options.
- Opportunity to participate in program specific student organizations which include DECA, HOSA, FBLA, Skills USA, Educators Rising and more!
What is the Marketing Program?
- Consists of 3 main courses (Marketing, Advanced Marketing and Internship) which can be completed in 2-4 years.
- By completing the program students earn a certificate from the state, economics credit and would not have to take econ senior year. Along with opportunities for career experience and job placements, earning up to 12 college credits, NAFTrack Certification and five honor cords.
- Marketing focuses on preparing students to conduct the critical business functions associated with directing the flow of products and services from the producer to the consumer.
- WE FOCUS ON: Event Planning, Entrepreneurship, Professional Selling, Management, Finance, Branding, Distribution, Pricing, Economics, Market Research, Business Plans and Digital Marketing.
- WE DO THIS THROUGH: Work/Project based learning, Technology Integration, Problem Solving, DECA Events and Co-Curricular Concept Integration.
What is DECA?
- A worldwide Student Organization consisting of 215,000 members.
- DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
- DECA is the real life application of exactly what students learn in their marketing classes. They take their knowledge and compete in marketing related events to earn global recognition and scholarships.
- Outside of class students can attend leadership conferences and competitions throughout Arizona and at the National level.