Creating a Parent Account for Canvas
As a parent, you are able to view your student's Canvas courses if you would like to see your student's upcoming or past assignments assignments and recieve course announcements.
1. Go to DVUSD's Canvas login page: https://dvusd.instructure.com
2. Click "Parent of a Canvas User?" on the login page
3. Complete the fields with your name and email along with the student's username and password
4. Click "Start Participating"
1. Install the Canvas Parent app
2. Choose if you want Canvas Parent to send you notifications
3. Click "Create Account"
Note: If you already have a parent of observer account in Canvas you can "Log in with Canvas" using your Canvas credentials.
4. Set your account details. (Enter your first name, last name, and email address. Enter a password and confirm the password. Tap the Create Account button.)
5. Enter "Deer Valley Unified School district' as the student's institution
6. Enter the student's username and password to associate a student to your Canvas Parent account