I expect the best from you, mostly because I know you can deliver. The following items are NOT negotiable:
- Come to class prepared with a charged iPad, 1-2 pencils, a highlighter, your homework/script, Spiral notebook and your best attitude.
- Constantly improve your work. Ask for help if and when you need it.
- Show pride in yourself and your work. Write legibly, keep your binder organized and hold onto all important papers. Make sure to label your spiral notebook according to the teacher's expectations.
- You are responsible for getting any work you may have missed if you are absent and turning it in in a timely manner. All work is posted in Canvas and can be accessed even if you are absent.
- Due dates are firm, unless a conversation is had with the teacher ahead of time.
- No food/gum/candy/drinks in class with the exception of water
- Follow Proper Audience Behavior
- Listen, watch and enjoy
- Clap at appropriate times
- All electronics should be silenced and never touched during the performance.
- No talking, unless audience participation is requested by the performers.
- Avoid other sounds that can disturb the people around you and the performers.
- Wait until intermission or the end of the show to leave.
- Follow all safty rules for the classroom, theatre, and shop.
- Do not call out in class. If you have a question, raise your hand.
- You are responsible for knowing all the information in the syllabus.
- Students must be in dress code at all times.
- NO hats in class
Any attire that detracts from the learning environment is not acceptable. Students should dress in a manner that, in addition to the following guidelines, takes into consideration the educational environment, safety, health and welfare of self and others.
- Clothing must cover the entire buttocks. Shirts and tops may not expose bare midriffs, bare shoulders, nor be deeply or narrowly cut in the front, back, or under the arms. Halter tops, spaghetti straps, and strapless tops are not acceptable. Clothing that exposes undergarments will not be tolerated for males or females.
- Bare feet are never acceptable. For student safety, appropriate shoes must be worn at all times. Footwear such as slippers, slides, sandals, cleats, and wheeled footwear are not permitted. Closed shoes are to be worn for any type of physical activity, such as physical education, cheer practice, weight lifting, etc.
- Jewelry or ornamentation shall not be worn if it presents a safety hazard to self and/or others.
- No hats or head-coverings may be worn inside any campus buildings at anytime, except for properly approved occupational safety headgear required for special classes or headwear used for personal religious practices.
- Defamatory writing, obscene language or symbols, or symbols of drugs, sex, or alcohol on clothing or jewelry are expressly prohibited.
- Tattoos displaying defamatory writing, obscene language or symbols, or symbols of drugs, sex, or alcohol must be covered.
If found in violation of these standards, students will be removed from the classroom and given the opportunity to call home for a change of clothes. Students unable to contact home will be offered temporary clothes from the school which must be returned. Students will be assigned an alternative learning environment until clothing meeting dress code standards is worn.