DVUSD 2021-2022 COVID-19 Parent/Guardian Expectations
We all must work together to make our school campus as safe as possible for students, teachers, and staff. While the Deer Valley Unified School District is taking measures to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, we need our families to do the same.
You and your child are expected to follow the COVID-19 Code of Conduct as described below. Please read each statement. Please note that the District reserves the right to amend these expectations at any point during the school year.
- I will take my child’s temperature every day prior to coming to school and conduct a daily screening of my child for COVID-like symptoms prior to my child arriving at school.
- I will keep my child home from school if my child has any of the following symptoms that are not related to an already diagnosed condition or illness: (This list may be updated by public health authorities in the future. Parents should routinely visit the CDC’s symptoms page.)
- Fever of 100.0℉ or higher
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- I understand that my child will be sent home if showing any of the above symptoms while at school. I agree that I will pick up my child within 1 hour from being notified by the school that my child is being sent home. I understand my child may need to wear a mask while waiting to be picked up by a parent/guardian.
- I will keep my child home from school if my child has close contact with someone (e.g. household member) who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has COVID-19 like illness and follow recommended quarantine guidance which can be found by visiting https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/58864/Quarantine-Guidance-for-Household-and-Close-Contacts?bidId unless my child meets one of the exceptions that are outlined in public health guidance.
- I have read the Maricopa County Department of Public Health guidance which can be found by visiting https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/58863/Home-Isolation-Guidance?bidId=.
- I understand that this low threshold for keeping kids at home may mean that my child may be away from school more often than in the past, and I will plan for such contingencies.
- I understand that face masks are not required, but optional. The current exception to this is that a federal mandate requires students and staff to wear a face mask when utilizing District transportation.
- I understand that the school will require my child to wash their hands, use hand sanitizer, and socially distance according to the protocols established by the Deer Valley Unified School District.
- I understand that the Deer Valley Unified School District will follow the Maricopa County Public Health Department’s protocols on the reporting of COVID-19 illness at the school.
- I will follow the District’s COVID-19 reporting procedures which can be found at www.dvusd.org/covidreporting. I will report to the District’s COVID-19 reporting form which can be found at https://url.dvusd.org/COVID19ReportingForm and contact the campus nurse as well as the campus’ designated COVID-19 point of contact. At your campus, the COVID-19 designated point of contact is [Insert Designated Person (e.g., school nurse, front office or Designated Phone Number] if my child has a confirmed positive COVID-19 test result. A list of campus nurses can be found by on your campus specific website or by visiting https://www.dvusd.org/Page/49569.