Welcome to Mrs. Wojciechowski's 8th Grade ELA Homepage!
Homework Reminders/Text Blasts
- Email me at Ally.Wojciechowski@dvusd.org
- Call/Voicemail: (623) 445-7864 ext 57864
- Going to be absent? 24 Hour Attendance Line: (623) 445-7890
Quizlet Sign Uponline flashcards for Vocabulary Workshop unitsCommonLit Sign Up Codesonline access to grade level literature and articles
- For 8th Grade ELA, text: @awojci to the number 81010
- For Advanced 8th Grade ELA, text: @adv8thg to the number 81010
NoRedInk Sign Up Codesgrammar/conventions instruction and practice
- Period 3: R8JJQ6
- Period 4: BNJJBJ
- Period 6: 6488ZJ
- Period 7: 4YLLQ5
- Period 3: crowded bike 20
- Period 4: rural home 51
- Period 6: pale bubble 87
- Period 7: pale ketchup 92
Syllabus & SuppliesThe success of your student in my class is dependent on their understanding of my class guidelines, which can be found in the 2019-20 ELA Syllabus (click here). This document outlines my grading policies, procedures, and expectations. It is crucial that both parents and students read and understand this document; you will be receiving a syllabus acknowledgement form the first week of school requiring the signature of the student and the parent/guardian. However, please note, the information found in the syllabus is subject to change at my discretion; please keep up with my website throughout the year for the most current information. I'm very much looking forward to meeting and working with all students and parents this year; if you would like to attend our middle-school "Meet the Teacher Night" is August 5th from 5:30-7pm in the 400 hall.District-Wide Goals for English Language Arts Students:
- All DVUSD students will become critical and capable thinkers who can independently transfer their learning to various settings and circumstances.
- All DVUSD students can explain, interpret, apply, demonstrate perspective in, and self-assess their learning.
*Important: You will need a copy of The Outsiders by next week (week of August 12th) in order to begin our first novel study.
- The supply list for the 2019-20 school year has been posted to the 8th Grade News page. However, there are a few supplies that will be used specifically in my classroom:
- 1 folder with pockets and brads to add hole-punched documents
- 1 wide-ruled composition books
- Loose leaf paper
- Assorted colored highlighters and/or colored pencils (your preference for annotating)
- Glue sticks (to use in your interactive notebook)
- If possible, purchasing a personal copy of the class novels/texts would be beneficial for annotating purposes, as well as for any reading that must be done outside of class, but is not mandatory (see syllabus for list of course reading). Copies of novels may also be obtained from the public library. I will give at least 2 weeks notice before a novel is needed for class.