Arizona State Seal of Arts Proficiency
Congratulations to our district's Fine Arts Programs and CTE Programs! We have been approved by the Arizona Department of Education to submit student work for the Arizona State Seal of Arts Proficiency. This is our third year to submit an application and receive approval.
The Arizona State Seal of Arts Proficiency is the latest testament to a rich history of excellent arts education in the state. This diploma seal is administered by the Arizona Department of Education’s Office of Arts Education and is awarded to graduates who complete minimum arts pathway requirements throughout their high school career. The State Seal of Arts Proficiency, or SB1111 as sponsored by Senator Paul Boyer, had bipartisan support and was a grassroots effort from Arizona Arts Education Advocates from across the state. It was signed into law by Governor Doug Ducey on May 14th, 2019. Board rule was adopted by the State Board of Education on October 28th, 2019.
Stakeholders from across the state of Arizona convened during the summer of 2019 to outline the objectives and the pathway requirements to achieve the State Seal of Arts Proficiency. Stakeholders identified that the purpose of the seal is:
- To celebrate students who demonstrate high levels of proficiency in the Arizona Arts Education Standards through personal expression and creative experiences in arts education programs
- To identify pathways of artistic literacy that cultivate skills for 21st-century success
- To prepare students for college and career readiness, including active participation in the creative industries sector
- To promote increased access to well-rounded, high-quality arts education across the state
- July 15th, 8 am: LEA APPLICATIONS OPEN
- September 15th, 11:59 pm: LEA APPLICATIONS DUE
- October 15th, 5 pm: LEA NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION STATUS
- February 15th, 8 am: LEA SEAL ACHIEVEMENT REPORTS OPEN
- April 15th, 11:59 pm: LEA SEAL ACHIEVEMENT REPORT DUE TO ADE
- May 2nd: DISTRICTS RECEIVE DIPLOMA SEALS FOR QUALIFYING GRADUATES
Schools and Graduates from the 2021-2022 School Year
Schools and Graduates from the 2020-2021 School Year