I am so excited about implementing and building a Thinking Classroom this school year in Math.
Expectations in a Thinking Classroom :
- Have a POSITIVE attitude
- Be willing to THINK
- Collaborate with your TEAMS
- Ask " keep thinking " questions
- Don't give up
Thinking and Learning
This class is designed to create thinkers of math and not just doers. While change is hard, students will quickly adjust to our new classroom environment. They will be placed in random groups daily, work as teams to solve thinking tasks, and have a more solid mathematical foundation.
4th grade Math topics include:
- Place Value, Rounding, and Algorithms for Addition and Subtraction
- Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division
- Fraction Equivalence, Ordering and Operation
- Decimal Fractions
- Angle Measure and Plane Figures
- Unit Conversions and Problem Solving with Metric Measurement