Choir is a vocal performance ensemble/class that focuses on healthy singing technique, music reading skills, and performing a variety of musical styles from memory. This is an academic and performance-based class, which means that students do receive a grade for this class that is based on participating in rehearsals and performances.
- Perform music from a variety of genres/styles (classical, folk, pop)
- Perform music using healthy, age appropriate vocal technique with correct singing posture and appropriate stage presence.
- Participate in a variety of on and off campus performances throughout the year.
- Demonstrate individual and group learning techniques.
- Develop a strong sense of reliability and responsibility.