DVUSD has now opened interest for the 2023-2024 school year. Click on the link below to fill out the interest form.
Three Locations Available:
Constitution Elementary: 18440 N 15th Ave Phoenix, AZ 85023 (This location is almost full for the High-Quality Early Learning program)
Village Meadows: 2020 W Morningside Drive Phoenix, AZ 85023
Sunrise: 17624 N 31st Ave Phoenix AZ 85053** (This location is full for the 23-24 school year, so it is no longer listed on the application)
About the program:
A play-based environment with a certified Early Childhood Teacher and a highly qualified assistant. Breakfast and lunch are provided daily.
Children will have opportunities to:
- Increase communication skills
- Develop fine and gross motor skills
- Enhance concept development
- Build self-esteem and self-reliance
- Your family must fall within the income guidelines listed below.
- The child has not yet reached the required age for Kindergarten, 5 years old, by September 1st of the current school year.
- For the 4-year-old classrooms at Village Meadows and Constitution, children must be 4 years old already or turn 4 by December 31st of the current school year.
- Children must be fully potty trained to qualify for High-Quality Early Learning (HQEL)
To apply, fill out the interest form below. On this interest form, you can also upload the necessary documents: the child's birth certificate and income verification for the household.
Click here for the interest form.
Examples of income verification include
- W-2 or the previous year's tax documents
- Eligibility for the free and reduced lunch program
- Documentation of receipt of public assistance such as kidscare, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Pay stubs for 4 weeks of pay
- Notarized statement from employer of hours worked and pay received
**The location at Sunrise does have classrooms for both 3-year-olds and 4-year-olds. This location is overseen by Head Start and is funded by a grant. The income requirements are lower than the High Q program. The income requirements are 185% of the federal poverty level or lower. In order to qualify for ECEE, families must reside within DVUSD boundaries.