Home-School CompactThe following Home-School Compact is sent home for parent and student review and signatures at the beginning of the year.
As a school, staff at Sunrise Elementary will --
- convene an annual meeting to explain the Title I program to parents and inform them of their right to be involved in the program.
- involve parents in an “organized, ongoing and timely way in planning, review and improvement of Sunrise’s Title 1 program.
- provide timely information about our Title I program to parents,describe the curricula, the student assessments and proficiency levels students are expected to meet, provide opportunities for regular meetings, respond promptly to parent suggestions.
- participate in professional development opportunities that improve teaching and learning and support the formation of partnerships with families and the community.
- provide assistance to parents in understanding the AZ College and Career Ready Standards.
- endeavor to make school an accessible and welcoming place for students and their families.
- provide a positive environment in which all students are capable of success... no exceptions!
- model appropriate dress, language, and behavior.
As astudent, I will --
- attend school regularly and be on time.
- complete and return homework assignments.
- work to the best of my ability.
- demonstrate a positive attitude toward opportunities and experiences provided by the school and teachers.
- help create a positive environment by practicing respect, accepting responsibility, working together, and following the rules for safety.
- limit my TV watching and instead, study or read every day after school.
As aparent/guardian, I will --
- ensure my child's regular attendance and prompt arrival.
- check my child's backpack and folders for important information.
- establish a time for homework and review it regularly.
- follow and support school policies, including dress code and behavior guidelines.
- model appropriate dress, language, and behavior on campus.
- communicate regularly with my child and with the school.
- follow procedures for student drop off and pick up.
- respect the school staff, students, and other families.
- sign in at the office prior to any visit on campus.
On-going opportunities for meaningful communications are provided through --
- phone calls
- conferences and meetings
- website (http://sunrise.dvusd.org)
- Power School
Dr, Tonya Knight, Principal Teacher Signature
Parent Signature Student SignatureThe Title I school policy is located on the school website and the Title I district policy is located on the Deer Valley website.