Safe and Healthy Eating Tips:
- Please encourage your student, child, or children to be seated upright when eating and not to be distracted.
- Encourage them to eat slowly, take small bites, and fully chew and swallow their food before talking or laughing.
- If you pack a lunch and send it with your child, please avoid food items that could be difficult to chew or which could possibly cause choking.
- Encourage them not to eat while walking, running, or engaging in other activities.
- Encourage them to avoid children’s games that involve catching a food item in the mouth or putting large amounts of food into the mouth.
- Eating in the cafeteria should be fun and social, but eating in the cafeteria is a privilege.
- For those who misbehave or fail to follow these directions, cafeteria privileges may be revoked.