About the Program
Deer Valley Early Childhood Department provides inclusive preschool classrooms for children ages three-five years old (5 after September 1st). Each classroom is comprised of children who are age appropriate and those who require specialized instruction.
Preschool Peers are wonderful role models for those who demonstrate developmental delays, as children learn best from each other. Children also learn to accept those who function differently.
To enroll as a preschool peer, children must demonstrate age-appropriate development in motor, communication, self-help (including being completely toilet trained), and cognitive, social, and emotional domains. Children will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to children at least four (4) years of age by December 31st of the current school year.
Each classroom has a certified Early Childhood Special Education teacher and two Paraprofessionals, who are highly qualified and trained to work with children in this age group. The staff strives to provide each child with a unique educational experience by individualizing instruction for various learning styles and providing developmentally appropriate activities.
- Introduces pre-academic skills
- Assists children to develop responsibility and self-control
- Encourages positive social interactions
- Provides opportunities to develop fine motor skills
- Inspires the use of decision-making skills
- Presents exposure to learning communities within the classroom
- Increases language skills
- Supports creative curiosity and a love of learning
Schedule and Tuition
- 3 days a week (choose Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday) for $140 a month
- 4 days a week (Monday-Thursday) for $175 a month.
Classes Are Not Offered on Fridays
*** A $25 application fee is required. You may mail or drop your payment at the Early Childhood Office.***
The Early Childhood Office is located at Sunrise Elementary School. The address is 17624 N 31st Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85053.
We are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM and we follow the school calendar.
For questions, call the Early Childhood office at (602) 467-6013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org