2020-2021 HLS MS STUDENT PARTICIPATION & RESPONSIBILITY
EXPECTATIONS FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Dress Out and Participation Requirements:
1. PE Uniform mandatory: All students should wear a solid color t-shirt with no logo or colors and sport shorts. Uniforms are available for purchase from HLSMS, Order forms will be available.
2. All students are encouraged to dress out for every activity day in P.E. Students must honor the District Dress Code. Students wearing sundresses, skirts, sagging jeans, spaghetti straps, and shorts not at the acceptable length will not be allowed to participate and will not be able to earn PE points that day.
3. All students are required to wear tennis shoes that tie and socks for P.E. Activities.
-Students wearing flip flops, sandals, shoes without laces guarantees ALL students a score of ZERO due to saftey guidlines.
4. All students are required to actively participate in the teacher directed P.E. Activities.
- Standing with your friends on the field of activity watching people play guarantees you ZERO participation points!
5. All students are required to demonstrate respect and responsibility in their behavior choices and in their interactions with others.
6. Profanity is not to be used at any time in P.E. Activities.
7. Students are not to bring cell phones or electronic devices to P.E. classes
8. Students are to take care of equipment and students must use equipment properly in P.E. Activities.
9. Students will be assigned a locker. Students must not share this locker with another student. They must lock their items in that
Locker when they leave the locker room to go to P.E. class.
10. Highland Lakes is not responsible for any theft or damage to items left unlocked or out during P.E. Class.
11..Students will leave the locker room when the teacher dismisses them and will meet in their teacher’s assigned area.
12. Students will sit in their assigned squad lines.
13..Students will communicate all concerns to their teacher.
14. Students who miss multiple days of P.E. will be required to make up those points by completing an Absence make-up assignment. Students are responsible to ask for their missing work…this is the students responsibility.
15. Students who lose points for not having the appropriate clothes/shoes, behavior, responsibility, or profanity issues cannot make those points up.
Each day of P.E. class is worth 10 points. Grades are available on Power Teacher.
- 2 points for properly dressing out (shorts, shirt and appropriate shoes)
- 4 points for our daily 10-15 minute FITNESS FOCUSED ACTIVITY
- 4 points for our daily activity/game
Students will earn 0 points for inappropriate clothes/shoes, unsafe play, disrespectful behavior, etc.
Students who are not sitting in their designated squad line at the designated time will be given a PBIS referral on the 2nd infraction.
Students can lose various points in areas for lack of participation/effort.
Students lose points from their grade for behavior issues, use of profanity, disrespect to others and failure to follow teacher
directions. These points cannot be made up.
Please read through these procedures and expectations with your child before the first day of school. Also, please make sure that your child has the appropriate shirt, short, or sweat pants, and sweatshirt and shoes and socks for activity.