2020-2021 DS STUDENT PARTICIPATION & RESPONSIBILITY
EXPECTATIONS FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Dress Out and Participation Requirements:
1. REQUESTED PE UNIFORM: All students must come to class dressed for activity.
2. All students are encouraged to dress in comfortable clothing for movement.
3. All students are encouraged to wear tennis shoes that tie and socks for P.E. Activities.
-Students wearing flip flops, sandals, shoes without laces guarantees ALL students will lose points for the day and be required to walk our PE fields or complete canvas assignment.
4. All students are required to actively participate in the teacher directed P.E. Activities.
5. All students are required to demonstrate respect and responsibility in their behavior choices and in their interactions with others.
6. Profanity is not to be used at any time in P.E. Activities.
7. Students are not to bring cell phones or electronic devices to P.E. classes.
8. Students are to take care of equipment and students must use equipment properly in P.E. Activities.
9. Students will sit in their assigned roll call lines.
10.Students will communicate all concerns to their teacher.
11. Students who miss multiple days of P.E. will be required to make up those points by completing an Absence make-up assignment. Students are responsible to ask for their missing work…this is not the teachers responsibility.
12. Students who lose points for not having the appropriate clothes/shoes, behavior, responsibility, or profanity issues cannot make those points up.
13. Each day of P.E. class is worth 10 points. Grades are available on Power Teacher.
14. Students will lose 2 points for not properly dressing out ie, athletic shoes, t-shirt, and athletic shorts
15. Students earn points for participating in the game/activity for the day ie. colony ball, gatorball, volleyball
16. Students will earn 0 points for inappropriate clothes/shoes, unsafe play, disrespectful behavior, etc.
17. Students who are not sitting in their designated squad line at the designated time will receive a PBIS incident referral on the 2nd infraction.
18. Students can lose various points in areas for lack of participation/effort.
19. Students lose points from their grade for behavior issues, use of profanity, disrespect to others and failure to follow teacher
Please read through these procedures and expectations with your child before the first day of school. Also, please make sure that your child has the appropriate color uniform shirt, short, or sweat pants, and sweatshirt and shoes and socks for activity.
Physical Education Performance Requirements for every quarter
Points : for Activity / points for fitness focused activity/ loss of 2 points for not properly dressing out
Attendance/Squad Not-sitting in assigned roll call line/walking around Sitting in assigned Roll Call Line
Fitness Focused Activity No participation Below student effort Little or no effort Does the entire warm up
Activity Expectations No participation Misbehaves/off task ½ participation Full Participation