Last week we learned about the butterfly life cycle. We also received a special delivery of caterpillars! We are excited to watch their life cycle. This week, we will learn about life cycles of plants.In Social Studies, we have been learning about different jobs in our communities. This week, we will choose an adult to interview about their job. This assignment is due Thursday.
In language arts this week, we will work on reading words with the 'ar' sound such as 'farm' and 'spark.' The new high frequency words that we will be working on this week are brown, few, funny, myself, new, once, thank, and words. We will practice reading with appropriate phrasing and learn how to identify the central idea of a text. In writing, we will revise the rough drafts of our personal narratives and add vivid verbs and adjectives.In math, we will learn how to identify and create halves and fourths of shapes. We will also begin to learn how to tell time to the nearest hour and half hour.In science, we will learn that plants have life cycles also. We will learn about the life cycle of a bean plant.In Social Studies, we will continue to learn about jobs in our communities and interview someone to find out more information about their job.
RemindersFriday, April 2 - No School - Spring Break DayMonday, April 5
Wednesday, April 7
- Away Softball Game at Anthem - 4:00-6:00 pm
- Home Baseball Game vs. Anthem - 4:00-6:00 pm
Monday, April 12
- Away Baseball Game at Sierra Verde - 4:00-6:00 pm
- Home Softball Game vs. Sierra Verde - 4:00-6:00 pm
Tuesday, April 13 - Governing Board Meeting - 7:00 pmWednesday, April 14
- Away Baseball Game at Canyon Springs - 4:00-6:00 pm
- Home Softball Game vs. Canyon Springs - 4:00-6:00 pm
Thursday, April 15
- Away Baseball Game at Paseo Hills - 4:00-6:00 pm
- Home Softball Game vs. Paseo Hills - 4:00-6:00 pm
Tuesday, April 27 - Governing Board Meeting - 7:00 pmFriday, April 30 - Early Release - 90 minutes early
- Away Softball Game at Desert Mountain - 4:00-6:00 pm
- Home Baseball Game vs. Desert Mountain - 4:00-6:00 pm
DVUSD START PAGE - Canvas and HMHed Links are here
Scholastic Book Club - Click on "Parents have a class code? Connect to your teacher" - Scholastic will deliver the books to each teacher, and we will deliver them to your home. See below for each teacher's class codes...
- Mrs. Domkus - Q823Z
- Mrs. Schick - L78HD
- Mrs. Willard - VG6DZ
- Ms. Neihart -