Preschool Philosophy and Goals
The Deer Valley Unified School District’s Preschool programs are based on the belief that all children can learn and that each program provides quality child development services designed to meet and exceed the individual needs of the children through an effective partnership with the staff, parents/ guardians, and community.
A child is a unique individual. Our preschools provide a literacy rich, play based learning environment, which promotes the physical, social, emotional, and creative development of each child. We encourage children to express their individuality by offering developmentally appropriate experiences that:
- Encourage self-esteem and self-reliance
- Develop an interest and joy in learning
- Enhance communication skills
- Support concept development
- Develop fine and gross motor skills
- Develop self-control and responsibility
- Encourage appropriate interactions with fellow preschoolers and adults
- Teach problem solving and decision making skills
- Encourage the child to have concern for others
- Emphasize the cultural values and individual backgrounds of the home and family
We believe that young children are our most valuable resource for the future. We encourage active learning with opportunities for self-esteem, enhancement, discovery, and decision making.
We want our children to be aware of the world in which he/she lives, as well as the SPECIAL UNIQUENESS that is theirs.
Our program is also designed to enrich and enhance preschool development by providing a variety of multi-sensory opportunities in the areas of motor skill development, language, music, and creative arts.