Hello K-8 Deer Valley Online Academy Parents,
We will not be using the My Hours attendance tracking system for K-8 students. We will send out the process to you as soon as it is finalized.
The Deer Valley Online Learning Program (DVOLP) has been DVUSD's approved Arizona Online Instruction (AOI) program since 2007. DVOLP is the umbrella for innovative online offerings in our district including our new Deer Valley Online Academy serving K-12 full-time online. DVOLP has served full-time online students for many years, but only at the 9-12 grade levels.
Deer Valley Online Academy is a year-long comprehensive K-12 full-time online learning program that provides teacher instruction through a flexible schedule aligned with grade level learning standards.
- A tuition free full-time option for any student that resides in Arizona.
- Since 2007, DVUSD has provided quality online learning for students in grades 7-12. Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, online courses will be available for students in grades Kindergarten-12 as part of Deer Valley Online Academy.
- Embedded supports provided for all students:
- Students with an IEP will receive specially designed instruction from a certified special education teacher.
- Gifted identified students work with gifted endorsed teachers
- English Language Learners are supported through the adopted Structured English Immersion (SEI) models
- The K-12 online curriculum is aligned to the Deer Valley Unified School District scope and sequence.
- Students will engage in their online courses including virtual class meetings, independent learning activities, and participation in online learning labs for additional tutoring and support. Each course has weekly deadlines with the opportunity for students to work at a faster pace.
- Participation in before and after school activities are provided at students’ home schools (i.e. clubs and athletics).
- SEL supports will be provided for all students including specific curriculum and access to counselors.
Deer Valley Online Academy provides an option for Arizona families who desire a full-time DVUSD online learning experience that meets their unique needs.
Kindergarten through 6th Grade Program Provides:
- a homeschool experience using Deer Valley curriculum and the support of certified, experienced educators and support staff
- enrollment of any student; open for families who are outside DVUSD boundaries
- options for students participating in extensive extracurricular programs
- support to students that need online instruction options due to medical needs
- flexibility due to extensive travel
Middle and High School Program Provides:
- Opportunity for students in grades 7-12 to take semester or quarter long courses by building an individualized schedule to meet a student's unique needs:
- Flexibility for work schedules
- Participation in competitive sports programs with the home campus (i.e., junior olympics, travel teams, national leagues)
- An option for our students and families during this uncertain time showing we have a plan to support you and your learner if your needs require a long-term on-line solution.
- Option of a homeschool experience and has the support of proven Deer Valley curriculum and access to experienced educators and support staff
- Support to students that need online instruction options due to medical needs
- Return to complete their diploma before age 22
*Part-time online option: 9-12 students can still choose to take on-campus (brick and mortar) courses and 1-2 online courses through the On Campus Return to School model. Going full-time online is not required.