Welcome to 5th Grade!
I am so excited to be your teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. I know that this school year is starting differently than a typical school year, but we will work together to make our virtual learning experience fun and successful!
As students Return to Learning on Campus Virtually or Return to Learning Deer Valley Online Academy they will be logging into and primarily using Canvas for all subject areas. All students need to login into Canvas on Monday, August 3, 2020, to begin the school year. Students will need their DVUSD student login information. The username for your student in most cases begins with the initial of their first name followed by the initial of their middle name and the first 3 letters of their last name as well as the last 3-digits of their student ID (lunch number) for example lznef301. The password is your student's lunch number.
How to Access Canvas on Monday, August 3rd
1. Use the chrome browser.
2. Go to the DV start page (https://start.dvusd.org/)
3. Click on the Canvas app.
4. Have your student login using their username and password on the page that opens up which is the DV portal.
5. After logging in your student should be on the Canvas platform.
6. Click on the tile that says Welcome to Class! (Homeroom Scaminaci)
7. Look on the left side of your screen and click Zoom.
8. Join our Zoom meeting.
I can't wait to meet you all at 8:45 AM on Monday morning!