Renaissance Highly Gifted Academies are designed to provide highly gifted, elementary and middle school students unique educational opportunities. Renaissance Highly Gifted Academies provide rigorous learning experiences that address the individual needs of gifted students. All Renaissance students acquire a solid foundation in the content areas of mathematics, language and communication arts, social studies, science, and technology literacy. Students work 1-2 years above grade level within core content areas.The Renaissance program is founded on enriched interdisciplinary studies, academic depth and complexity, and critical and creative thinking. It is the goal of Deer Valley's Renaissance Program to provide a comprehensive experience that is responsive to the unique academic, creative, and emotional needs of the precocious gifted child.DVUSD offers this opportunity at select campuses. Please visit the schools' websites for specific information about each campus.
NOW... FOUR Amazing Options!!!Hillcrest Middle SchoolServing grades 7th - 8th in 2023-24!!!!The Renaissance Highly Gifted &Global Studies Program at Hillcrest Middle Schoolfocuses on highly gifted learners.Our signature Global Studies program supports those who have a passion for problem-based learning in the world around them.
The Renaissance Highly Gifted &STEM Program at Canyon Springsfocuses on highly gifted learners.Our signature STEM program supports those who have a passion for the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math.Serving grades 1st - 8thAlso home to Bright Beginnings KindergartenThe Renaissance Highly Gifted &Music Program at Highland Lakesfocuses on highly gifted learners.Our signature music program supports those who have a passion for developing diverse musical talents.Serving grades 1st - 8thAlso home to Bright Beginnings KindergartenThe Renaissance Highly Gifted &Global Studies Program at Las Brisasfocuses on highly gifted learners.Our signature Global Studies program supports those who have a passion for problem-based learning in the world around them.Serving grades 3rd - 6th in 2022-23and expanding after that.Also, home to our Gifted Pre-K Academy and Bright Beginnings Kindergarten and Grade 1&2 Program
Program PhilosophyThe Renaissance Highly Gifted Programs focus on gifted learners’ needs and interests. Learning opportunities focus on mastery; higher-order and critical thinking skills; community engagement; personal development and responsibility.In our self-contained gifted classrooms, we…
- accelerate learning 1-2 years above grade level
- provide complex instructional experiences that expand across an individualized continuum of learning
- design instruction through assessments and teach the “whole” child
- foster flexibility for the learner to pursue individual interests
The Highly Gifted Renaissance Program curriculum is specifically designed to respond to gifted learners’ characteristics of precocity, intensity, and complexity. Acceleration of basic content experiences, inquiry as a fundamental tool for encouraging learning, use of open-ended activities and questions that encourage further exploration, development of creative products to stimulate the use of higher-level thinking and problem-solving processes, and extensions to pique interest around substantive content.
Renaissance Program GoalsOur academic goals for students:
- Acquire a solid foundation in the content areas of mathematics, language and communication arts, social studies, and science.
- Work at an advanced level within these content areas 1-2 years above grade level.
- Produce work within these areas that reflect individuality and creativity at a level that is advanced in relation to other students of the same grade.
- Use technology as productivity, creativity, communication, and collaboration tool. (International Society for Technology in Education Standards)
Our cognitive and affective goals for students:
- Problem-solve; think creatively, critically, and logically; and make connections between ideas.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills of learning and organizing.
- Acquire advanced research skills to gather, analyze, and apply information and ideas.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to communicate effectively both within and beyond the classroom.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to make decisions and act as a responsible member of a community.
Is Renaissance The Best Fit For My Child?
Students who tend to be the most successful in our Renaissance Academies tend to be:
Intense and inquisitive learners
- Analytical thinkers
- Creative problem-solvers
- Highly motivated
***Parents must provide their own transportation if they do not live within the individual school's boundaries.***