WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN!!
Kindergarten provides your child with an opportunity to learn and practice the essential social, emotional, problem solving, and study skills that he will use throughout his schooling. The development of self-esteem is one of the important goals of kindergarten.
- Development of Self-Esteem: This is the process of helping your child feel good about who he is and confident in his ability to tackle the challenges of learning.
- Cooperation: The ability to work, learn, and get along with others. A year in kindergarten provides your child with the opportunity to learn patience, as well as the ability to take turns,share, and listen to others. These are all social emotional learning skills that he will use throughout his school years and beyond.
- Curiosity: Most children are naturally curious, but some do not know how to focus or use this curiosity. Kindergarten is a time for sparking and directing your child's curiosity and natural love of learning.
What does Kindergarten Look Like?
Ask around and you will find a multitude of answers to this question. However, we believe that a great Kindergarten classroom should have the following things that we offer here at Las Brisas Elementary:
- Expand your child's ability to learn about the world,organize information, and solve problems. This will increase your child's feelings of confidence, his ability to work with others, and his interest in challenging tasks.
- Provide a combination of investigations and projects that allow your child to work both on their own as well as in small groups.
- We minimize the use of large group activities that require a lot of sitting. Instead, most activities feature play-based, hands-on learning in small groups. As the year progresses, large group activities become a bit longer to help prepare the children for first grade.
- Foster a love for books,reading, and writing. There are books, words, and kids' own writing all over the classroom.
- Special Areas classes offered daily: We offer art, music, P.E, and STEAM classes on a rotation to guarantee your child a well-rounded education.
- Weekly Newsletters and Information: This information enables families to know what is happening in the classroom.
- State Standards: We are here to teach all kindergarten standards so we can be prepared for first grade!
Kindergarten Individual Supplies Needed:
- Full-Size Backpack
- Re-useable water bottle
- 1 Pair of headphones (over the ear, not earbuds, not wireless, out of package)
- 24 Count crayons: Crayola crayons are preferred
- Pencil Box: Standard Size (5x8) No pouches please
- 4-6 pack of Large Glue Sticks
- 1 White Elmers Glue bottle
- Pack of 4 Dry Erase Markers (Black Only please)
- 1-2 highlighters
- 2 ct Play-Dough (medium individual size)
Classroom Supplies Needed:
- Glue Sticks
- Kleenex boxes
- Lysol or Clorox Wipes
- Full Sized hand-sanitizers (unscented)
- Ream of White Copy Paper
- Ream of Colored Copy Paper
- Paper towels
- Ziplock bags (Gallon sizes and Sandwhich sizes)
- Lysol Spray Cans
- Popsicle Sticks
- Craft supplies such as: Sequins,feathers,pom-poms,tissue paper,googley eyes, pipe cleaners,buttons, old paper towel rolls
- Water Color Paints
- Note Cards Lines preferred
Las Brisas Elementary School
5805 W. Almeda Road
Glendale, AZ 85310
8:00am to 2:45pm
7:30am to 4:00pm
Early Release Hours:
8:00am to 1:15pm
8:00am to 11:20am