Highland Lakes School, through the Community Schools Program, provides a supervised academic environment to assist students K-8 with daily homework, studying, and/or class projects for any subject. This Community School Program is available two days a week for an hour each day. At least one certified teacher will be available to facilitates academic assistance. Students register quarterly if they need academic motivation, organizational help, or a quiet place to begin homework.
Parents can depend on Homework Lab being held twice a week and students who are registered are expected to attend for the entire quarter.Guidelines and Expectations:
- The Homework Lab is NOT a daycare. Students must be working on homework or reading quietly. Computers are to be used for assignments only.
- Students MUST report to ROOM 310 by 3:35 and will be required to stay until 4:30. Parents must come and pick students up if they need to leave early.
- Students need to have necessary supplies to complete assignments. Some 7th and 8th grade textbooks are available. Students SHOULD have a book to read in case they finish their homework early.
- No food, gum, or drinks are allowed in Homework Lab.
- Students are to work quietly, respecting all other students in Homework Lab.
If you have any questions regarding the Homework Lab, please feel free to contact Mrs. Snyder at 623-376-4371.Thank you,Mrs. Snyder
- First time offenders will be given a verbal warning.
- Second time offenders will call their parent.
- Third time offenders will be removed.