Barry Goldwater High School is a Title 1 school. We receive Title 1 funding based on our free and reduced lunch percentages. We have a schoolwide program which means that our Title 1 plan serves all children in our school. These funds can be used to help us identify students that may have academic, behavior or social emotional difficulties so we can provide timely assistance. Each year we complete a comprehensive needs assessment that includes a variety of data sources to determine our school goals, action steps, and allocation of resources.
Examples of our resources include:
- Title 1 School Social Worker
- Response to Intervention Academic Specialist
- Response to Intervention Behavior Specialist
- Parent Liaison
- Bulldog Boost After School Tutoring
- Intervention Programs for Math and Reading
- Teacher Professional Development
- PBIS Rewards/Referral Program
- Ripple Effects
- Instructional Coaches to support teachers
- Instructional Assistant to support teachers
Goals for 2021-2022 School Year
- By May of 2022, 100% of teachers will improve Tier 1 instruction and ensure we deliver a guaranteed and viable curriculum resulting in a 5% increase in AZMerit ELA and Math scores and a 4% increase in AIMS Science and a 5% decrease in low SPG.
- By May of 2022, BGHS will implement tiered intervention through the MTSS process to reduce D’s and F’s by 25%, and improve chronic absenteeism rate by 5%.
- By May of 2022, BGHS staff will nurture positive and goal oriented relationships that encourage parent involvement to heighten student achievement as evidenced by a 5% increase on the BGHS Parent Satisfaction Survey.
We invite you to partner with us by supporting our school goals, as we believe parents play an integral role in their student’s learning. We look forward to engaging in meaningful, two-way communication with you and your family. For more information on how you can become involved in our school, please visit the Parent Liaison page.