Welcome to theSandra Day O'Connor High School Library!
iPad information for 2019-20 school year
General iPad Information Includes Canvas help.
iPad Troubleshooting Guide (Prepared by SDOHS library tech TAs)
DVUSD Student username and password info:Username- student's first name initial, middle name initial, first 3 letters of last name, last 3 numbers of student ID number)Password- student's ID number
- Every student on campus may check out an iPad for school use. A signed Device User Agreement form (signed by parent/guardian and student) is required for checkout.
- The only apps students may install on a school iPad are district apps found in the District App Catalog. There is no public App Store on a student iPad.
- Students may not use personal Apple IDs on iPads.
- All students have been assigned a school Apple ID (firstname.lastname@example.org). An email with Apple ID info will be sent to new students' learner.dvusd.org email accounts.
- Every student is assigned a district Google account. Login is same as for school email (see below).
DVUSD Student eMail:How to set up school email on iPad:
- Open Settings app on ipad
- Select Accounts & Password OR Mail > Add Account > Google (If Google email won’t open…your iPad is probably not on the district network. Wait an hour.)
- Follow instructions. Be sure to enter your district email address (email@example.com) and district password (your school ID number). School email is connected to your district Google account.
- Turn on Notes and tap Save.
DVUSD Student Apple ID:
Returning students- please sign into your appleid.dvusd.org Apple ID.
- DO NOT use an old learner.dvusd Apple ID! Use your appleid.dvusd.org ID.
- If you’ve forgotten your password, go to the password reset link below!
- If you never setup your appleid.dvusd.org Apple ID, request an email from Apple Manager (below)
New students- you will need to set up your new Apple ID. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Here's how:
- Open your learner.dvusd.org email account
- Open your email from Apple Manager
- You should see your new Apple ID username and temporary password. Don’t open the Apple Manager link in the email. Go to next step below. If no email, go to email request link below.
- Open Settings > iTunes and App Store > Sign In
- New OC students: Copy and paste the username and temporary password from your Apple Manager email into sign in fields. You’ll be asked to create a new password
- Returning OC students: Sign into your district Apple ID. (email@example.com) If you’ve forgotten your password, go to password reset link below!
How to set up your district Apple ID- Slides presentation (You will need to be logged into your district google account to view this.)
You will need to be logged into your school Google account (learner.dvusd.org) to access the request form.Need something printed?
- Printing is limited to pdf or Google doc files.
- May take up to 24 hours for printout to be available. Notify Ms Salameh via email if your printout needs to be rushed.
- Do you know the answer? - For more SAT preparation help, check out the Internet Links main menu item and then select SAT.- Practice your search skills using Google tools.Library Hours
Before School - 7:00 - 7:35
During School - 7:45 - 2:15 (show your iPad pass when you enter, scan barcode for a return pass)
After School - 2:15 - 3:25
Note: The library closes at 11:00 AM on early release days.
The mission of the SDOHS Library/Media staff is to work collaboratively with teachers and students to support academics, to promote reading for pleasure and information, and to prepare our community of learners with the life-long skills necessary to be competent, critical, ethical, and independent seekers and users of information.
Not sure about the teacher part of teacher librarian?Here's a listing of Information Literacy Lessons available at SDOHS.
Contact Information:Gail Salameh - Teacher Librariangail.firstname.lastname@example.orgCirculation Desk - 623-445-7197