Welcome to theSandra Day O'Connor High School Library!_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Use this TA-created guide to help you find the quickest solution to your iPad problem!
General iPad Information Includes Canvas help.
DVUSD Student username and password info:Username- student's first name initial, middle name initial, first 3 letters of last name, last 3 numbers of student ID number)Password- student's ID number*** Please note that the Gmail app is not currently working. You must access your gmail account through Chrome. IS&T and Google are working to repair this issue and we will let you know as soon as it is resolved.
- Every student on campus may check out an iPad for school use. A signed Device User Agreement form (signed by parent/guardian and student) is required for checkout.
- The only apps students may install on a school iPad are district apps found in the District App Catalog. There is no public App Store on a student iPad.
- Students may not use personal Apple IDs on iPads.
- All students have been assigned a school Apple ID (firstname.lastname@example.org). An email with Apple ID info will be sent to new students' learner.dvusd.org email accounts.
- Every student is assigned a district Google account. Login is same as for school email (see below).
DVUSD Student eMail:How to set up school email on iPad:
- Install Gmail app from dvusd app catalog
- (If Google email won’t open…your iPad is probably not on the district network. Wait an hour.)
- Follow instructions. Be sure to enter your district email address (email@example.com) and district password (your school ID number). School email is connected to your district Google account.
DVUSD Student Apple ID:
***Please Note that Apple ID reset function is not working currently via email. To reset see Mrs. Holt (Library Media Specialist) on campus.
Returning students- please sign into your appleid.dvusd.org Apple ID.
- DO NOT use an old learner.dvusd Apple ID! Use your appleid.dvusd.org ID.
- If you’ve forgotten your password, go to the password reset link below!
- If you never setup your appleid.dvusd.org Apple ID, request an email from Apple Manager (below)
New students- you will need to set up your new Apple ID. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Here's how:
- Open your learner.dvusd.org email account
- Open your email from Apple School Manager
- You should see your new Apple ID username and temporary password. Don’t open the Apple Manager link in the email. Go to next step below. If no email, go to email request link below.
- Open Settings > Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases > Sign In
- New OC students: Copy and paste the username and temporary password from your Apple Manager email into sign in fields. You’ll be asked to create a new password
- Returning OC students: Sign into your district Apple ID. (email@example.com) If you’ve forgotten your password, go to password reset link below!
District Apple ID - Use this link to request a new or replacement DVUSD Apple ID password. You will receive an email (learner account) from Apple ID Manager as soon as your request is processed.
How to set up your district Apple ID- Slides presentation (You will need to be logged into your district google account to view this.)
Canvas Login for students and parents1. Use a computer, not an iPad or phone2. Use the Chrome browser3. Have your child login to Canvas in Chrome: dvusd.instructure.com4. Click "Account" (top left)5. Click "Settings6. Click "Pair with Observer" (bottom right)7. Copy the pairing code (make sure you do not accidentally copy any spaces before or after the code)8. Log out of your child's account (Click "Account" top right, then "Logout"9. Click "Parent of a Canvas User?" (top right of the login box)10. Setup Parent account with your information.
Before School - 7:00 - 7:30
During School - 7:45 - 2:12 (Have an E-Hall Pass))
Note: The library closes at 12:40 PM on early release days.
The mission of the SDOHS Library/Media staff is to work collaboratively with teachers and students to support academics, to promote reading for pleasure and information, and to prepare our community of learners with the life-long skills necessary to be competent, critical, ethical, and independent seekers and users of information.
Circulation Desk - 623-445-7197