Welcome to Science Class!
Friday, September 18, 2020
Welcome to 6th Grade Science! I was wanting to see everyone back in the classroom, but due to unfortunate circumstances I will start our school year instructing on an online platform. It's best to be safe and I hope we'll be back at Las Brisas in the near future. So, let's think like a proton and stay positive!
As we begin the school year, our focus will be on getting to know one another. I'm eager to hear about YOU, and look forward to seeing your faces fill up my ZOOM screen. If you're a little nervous, that's normal...as I get nervous too. Remember, we're in this together. Some of you may have questions about school and what it will look like in the future. Don't be afraid to ask, and always wonder...as "wondering" relates to science.
I do have a few suggestions to help you prepare for next week:
- Find and know your schedule. (Located in PowerSchool)
- Be able to access & log into Canvas. (Click here for Canvas video directions).
- Know how to access ZOOM.
- Check the supply list. (You WILL need a composition book in science).
- Establish your work space and have materials ready.
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Eat breakfast, get dressed (no pj's in school), and log in on time.
I'll be waiting for you with a smile!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me or use the REMIND app. For any parents who haven't joined REMIND, please do so as it's a quicker way to send out short informative messages. Directions below:
1. On your phone if sending a text message...type 81010 as the recipient.
2. In the message bubble, type @cd822b and click send.
This will add you to the 6th Grade Remind Group.
Supplies Needed for Home:*1 Composition Notebook (ISN)*Personal earbuds or headphones for laptops.*Pencils and colored pencils or crayons.Class Community Use (Wish List)*Glue Sticks*Scissors*Dry erase markers*Highlighters*Colored pencils*Pencils*Clorox wipes*Tissues*Lifesaver Mints