Welcome to 6th Grade Science & ELA!
Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Welcome to 6th Grade Science and ELA! I look forward to meeting my future 6th graders, and I can't wait to get the school year started! In class, I'll be teaching dual subjects...so I plan on using both computers and a paper/pencil format for journal writing, prefix/suffix practice, science inquiries, and investigations.
If you have some extra time, please get familiar with our classroom webpage, as I'll be referring to it throughout the school year. I like to link study aids such as videos and games, and post pictures of what's happening in class. The more you know, the better you'll be able to assist a fellow classmate (which helps me out a lot).
I do have a few suggestions to help you prepare for 6th grade:
- Find and know your class schedule. (Located in PowerSchool)
- Be able to access & log into Canvas. (Click here for Canvas video directions). I will use this platform, but NOT 100% of the time.
- Check the supply list. (You WILL need a hard cover composition book in science class and a spiral notebook for ELA.)
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Arrive to school with an attitude like a PROTON = positive!
I'll be waiting for you with a SMILE!
Supplies Needed from Home:*1 Composition Notebook (Science)*1 Spiral Notebook (ELA)*Personal earbuds or headphones for laptops.*Pencils and colored pencils or crayons.Class Community Use (Wish List)*Glue Sticks*Scissors*Dry erase markers*Highlighters*Colored pencils*Pencils*Clorox wipes*Tissues*Lifesaver Mints