Welcome to Science Class!
Thursday, December 9, 2021
Welcome to 6th Grade Science! I look forward to seeing everyone back in the classroom, and I can't wait to get the school year started! Please be sure to take a look at the 6th grade suggested supply list before school begins, this will assist you in being preparedl. I've included on this webpage one that is specifically for science, as we'll be using both computers and a paper/pencil format for inquiries and investigations.
Please get familiar with our science webpage, as I'll be referring to it throughout the school year. I like to link study aids such as videos and games, and post pictures of what's happening in science class. The more you know, the better you'll be able to assist a fellow classmate (which helps me out a lot).
I do have a few suggestions to help you prepare for 6th grade:
- Find and know your class schedule. (Located in PowerSchool)
- Be able to access & log into Canvas. (Click here for Canvas video directions). I will use this platform, but NOT 100% of the time.
- Check the supply list. (You WILL need a hard cover composition book in science class).
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Arrive to school with an attitude like a PROTON = positive!
I'll be waiting for you with a smile!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me or use the REMIND app. For any parents who haven't joined REMIND, please do so as it's a quicker way to send out short informative messages. Directions below:
1. On your phone if sending a text message...type 81010 as the recipient.
2. In the message bubble, type @cd822b and click send.
This will add you to the 6th Grade Squad Remind Group.
Supplies Needed for Home:*1 Composition Notebook (ISN)*Personal earbuds or headphones for laptops.*Pencils and colored pencils or crayons.Class Community Use (Wish List)*Glue Sticks*Scissors*Dry erase markers*Highlighters*Colored pencils*Pencils*Clorox wipes*Tissues*Lifesaver Mints