Welcome to 4th Grade Science & Social Studies!
Saturday, May 27, 2023
Welcome to 4th Grade Science and Social Studies! I look forward to meeting my future 4th graders, and I can't wait to get the school year started! In class, I'll be teaching dual subjects...so I plan on using both computers and a paper/pencil format for inquiries, investigations, and learning about the past.
If you have some extra time, please get familiar with our classroom webpage, as I'll be referring to it throughout the school year. I like to link study aids such as videos and games, and post pictures of what's happening in class. The more you know, the better you'll be able to assist a fellow classmate (which helps me out a lot).
I do have a few suggestions to help you prepare for 4th grade:
- Find and know your class schedule. (Located in PowerSchool)
- Be able to access & log into Canvas. (Click here for Canvas video directions). I will use this platform, but NOT 100% of the time.
- Check the supply list. (You WILL need a hard cover composition book in science class and a spiral notebook for social studies.)
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Arrive to school with an attitude like a PROTON = positive!
I'll be waiting for you with a SMILE!
Supplies Needed for Home:*1 Composition Notebook (Science)*1 Spiral Notebook (Social Studies)*Personal earbuds or headphones for laptops.*Pencils and colored pencils or crayons.Class Community Use (Wish List)*Glue Sticks*Scissors*Dry erase markers*Highlighters*Colored pencils*Pencils*Clorox wipes*Tissues*Lifesaver Mints